Round Dhaulagiri Trekking is a tough trek around 3 weeks. Starting from Pokhara – a verdant valley amidst cultivated fields, and passes through the rhododendron and alpine forests and meadows with high passes, hot spring, waterfall, and plenty of stunning scenery. This trek avoids the main trail and therefore is quite strenuous and demanding. The massive peak of Round Dhaulagiri Trek(8167m) is very attractive. It is one of the eight highest peaks in the world.
Between the procession of high peaks. Dhaulagiri (8,167m) is the seventh highest peak in the world. It’s a long difficult trek around Dhaulagiri Treks following Marsyangdi Khola westwards to Darbang then turning north on a tiny trail leading through forests into the high country. Much of the route covers snow and glacier as it crosses French Col. (5,240m) and Dhampus pass (5,155m). Starting from Beni to the Kali Gandaki valley, the trek crosses high passes and rivers of Kali Gandaki and Bheri stands Dhaulagiri Himal, a massive ridge with a continues to Marpha and by passing the best panorama view of Annapurna and other many more mountains to Birethanti.
This mountain range has 14 peaks rising over 7000m in height, including Mount Dhaulagiri, the sixth highest mountain in the world, at 8167m. It is, undoubtedly, a memorable place for adventure seekers all over the world. The incredible views of Ice Falls and Glaciers make this trip worthy enough for those who have only dreamt of such an adventure. There are a few routes to choose from, each offering spectacular views of the majestic Himalayan landscape. Experienced trekkers with basic mountaineering skills will enjoy this region.
- day 1 : Arrive in KathmanduArrive in Kathmandu, transfer to hotel and welcome dinner in the evening.
- day 2:Sightseeing in Kathmandu and preparation for the trek.
- day 3:Drive to Beni (820m) by bus – 10h.
- day 4:Beni – Babi Choaur (950m) – 6h.
- day 5:Babi Choaur – Dharapani (1470m) – 6h.
- day 6:Dharapani – Muri (2330m) – 6h.
- day 7:Muri – Bagora (2080m) – 5h.
- day 8:Bagora – Dobang (2540m) – 5h.
- day 9:Dobang – Pakoban (3580m) – 5h.
- day 10:Acclimatization day in Pakoban.
- day 11:Pakoban – Dhaulagiri Base Camp (4750m) – 7h.
- day 12:Dhaulagiri Base Camp – Hidden Valley Camp (5000m) via French Pass (5360m) – 5h.
- day 13:Hidden Valley Camp – Yak Kharka (3880m) via Thapa-la Pass (5244m) – 7h.
- day 14:Yak Kharka – Khobang (2575m) – 5h.
- day 15:Khobang – Ghasa (2080m) – 5h.
- day 16:Ghasa – Tatopani (1190m) – 5h.
- day 17:Tatopani – Beni – 7h. Drive to Pokhara by bus – 2h.
- day 18:Drive to Kathmandu 8h by bus or fly 35 minutes